Sunday 3 February 2008

Cameroon 1

03/02/08

Urgh, Cameroon. Not the best of starts. They don't seem quite such a friendly bunch as the Kenyans, the climate is stickier, and it seems more hectic, none of which features I'm particularly enamoured by. The flight I took here was en route to the Ivory Coast, and while I got off in the right place it seems that my main piece of luggage didn't. I hope it comes back as I don't have any spare clothes. It doesn't help that I'm struggling to communicate with people due to a combination of the Cameroonian accent (10%) and my crap French (90%), and that the one guy at the airport who spoke English was trying to con me. Still, I'm fed, watered and in a comfortable room with footy on the telly, so although I'm a bit tired and lonely I'm still feeling fairly chipper. Things will improve.

No comments: